ACL’s advice and strategic communications consultancy creates and implements tailored communications strategies based on the client’s individual requirements and business development goals. ACL provides strategies on a business to business basis across the property sector in the built environment. Its clients include developers, fund managers, architects, engineers, surveyors and legal practices. ACL’s communications services draws upon public relations, marketing, social media strategies and public affairs.
ABOUT THE ACCOUNT MANAGER ROLE
ACL would like to hire a talented account manager to take charge of all aspects of the day-to-day running of a range of client accounts. ACL is looking for a confident, independent, ambitious, proactive and motivated individual with 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably (but not limited to) in the built environment. You should have had relevant experience and client facing exposure in previous roles to immediately undertake the management of on-going client activities and take forward the implementation of client communications programmes.
ACL is keen to hire an individual with a natural aptitude for management so that s/he will be able to advise and direct clients accordingly to ensure ACL is delivering a well-rounded and broad spectrum communications service to clients.
- Excellent English; this includes verbal and written communication skills and an ability for proofing and attention to linguistic detail. The candidate’s grasp of English should allow their writing to easily address a wide spectrum of target audiences.
- Ability to develop and implement creative integrated communications strategies; the successful candidate will have had experience in developing communications programme strategies and presenting them to clients.
- Client relationship management experience; although not essential for the candidate to have been a client facing lead in their previous role, it is key that the candidate has worked in a team and has had sufficient direct client contact to be capable of independently managing client relationships as ACL’s account manager.
- In depth grasp of developing and implementing social media strategy; this includes an understanding of the crucial role of social media in the broader context of communications, carrying out SEO (search engine optimisation) and executing relevant aspects of clients’ communication programmes via relevant media platforms.
- Experience in applying a variety of communications skills in PR campaigns (including public relations, marketing, digital media, crisis management, public affairs, events etc.)
- Educated to degree level from a reputable university viewed as an advantage
- Social skills; this includes a sense of humour and general social finesse. All this should come across clearly in writing, telephone manner and in direct social interaction - a team player, with the ability to lend.
- Independent management of client relationships
- Development and implementation of communications strategies with clearly defined tactics and evaluation techniques as part of a consultative approach to clients’ needs
- Working with ACL directors and clients to develop and promote key corporate messages on a wide range of platforms
- Development and maintenance of relevant relationships with built environment industry media, industry organisations and influencers
- Identification of new influencers and development of engagement strategies on clients’ behalf in an ongoing manner
- Identification and creative development of a wide range of client content for use in PR, marketing and social media, including videos, blogs, newsletters and other relevant collateral that fits with clients’ business and communications objectives
- Regular reporting of PR analytics face-to-face and via telephone to clients, including senior managers and managing directors. Written reports will require in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and general presentation skills
- Development of creative joint venture initiatives for ACL clients with industry organisations, including the use of media, research, seminars, conference topics, roundtables and sponsorship opportunities
Salary: £30 000 - £35 000 + bonus scheme
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be invited for initial interviews in June/July 2016.